Nepal: Women's Expedition
Nepal: Women’s Expedition
With inspiring cultural experiences and days spent trekking in the Himalayas, this women’s only expedition will give you a unique insight into the diverse lives of Nepalese women. Meet a range of female trailblazers, from chefs at a social enterprise to women campaigning to end menstruation discrimination to your all-female crew of mountain guides and porters. Listen to personal stories shared by locals and spend time reconnecting with nature at a female-run village homestay on the fringes of Chitwan National Park, which is helping to conserve wildlife in the area. Connect with Buddhist nuns as you get an inside look at an all-female nunnery challenging patriarchal traditions. Listen, connect and be inspired on this 13-day female-run adventure.
- Kathmandu – Welcome dinner
- Kathmandu – Cooking class at Seven Women
- Khachoe Ghakyil Ling – Kapan Nunnery Visit
- Pokhara – Annapurna Homestay Trek (5 days/4 nights)
- Ghandruk – Guided Village Tour
- Ghandruk – Gurung Women Cultural Dance
- Pokhara – Yes Helping Hands Handicrafts
- Pokhara – Orientation Walk
- Pokhara – Tibetan community visit with momo lunch
- Pokhara – Phewa Tal Lake boat trip
- Pokhara – Peace Pagoda
- Pokhara – International Mountain Museum
- Madi Valley – Cultural performance
- Madi Valley – Cooking class
- Chitwan NP – Jeep safari
- Chitwan NP – Village tour
- Chitwan NP – Tharu village visit
- Kathmandu – Days for Girls NGO Visit
- Kathmandu – Durbar Square
- Kathmandu – Dinner at The Village Cafe
- Kirtipur – Newari Traditional Manicure
- Enjoy a five-day hike in the incredible Annapurnas, wholly supported by an all-female crew of leaders, guides, assistants and porters.
- Get to know the locals during a homestay in Madi Valley that’s run by women who are working to alleviate human impact on the surrounding wilderness and wildlife.
- Visit an NGO working to abolish the practice of Chhaupadi, the illegal but socially common practice of forbidding women to enter their homes, kitchens, schools and temples during their menstrual cycle as they’re beleived to be rendered temporarily impure.
- Learn how to create traditional dishes while supporting a unique social enterprise that has changed the lives of disadvantaged women, and learn the secrets to creating the perfect MoMo during a cooking class at a Tibetan refugee camp.
- Swap stories and learn about the lives of local Buddhist nuns as you visit an all-female monastery challenging patriarchal Buddhist traditions.
Birethanti (1025m) – Ulleri trek (1960m)
Ulleri – Ghorepani trek (2860m)
Ghorepani – Poonhill (3200m) – Tadapani trek (2630m)
Tadapani – Ghandruk trek (1940m)
Ghandruk – Shyauli Bazaar trek (1220m) - Pokhara
Chitwan National Park
Looking for more information?
We're here to help!
Click on the buttons below to request a quote on this deal or contact us directly with further questions or comments.
Request A Quote Send To A Friend Have A Question? Contact Us