Kaunas was a significant cultural base of the Jews living in Lithuania; its Jewish community amounted to one third of the city's inhabitants, and the ghetto set up here further increased their number. Fort IX is a stronghold and museum that commemorates Kaunas's eventful history, and the people who were killed or imprisoned here under the WWII Holocaust.
- Address: Žemaičių pl. 73, Kaunas
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +370 37 377 750
- More Info: www.9fortomuziejus.lt
- Address: Tue to Sun: 10:00–18:00, Mondays: closed
- More Info: Recommended to arrange transport individually
- More Info: https://www.facebook.com/NinthFort
Do & See
Abundant in beautiful landmarks and interesting museums, Kaunas has a remarkable cultural heritage that celebrates Lithuania's eventful history.